How do you become a member of the Sponsored Community?
To have your .xxx domain name become a live website, you must self-attest to being a member of the Sponsored Community and complete the Membership Application.
Below is a definition of the Sponsored Community with examples, as well as the Membership Application process all members will have to complete.
Our Sponsored Community consists of individuals, business, entities, and organizations that fit any one of the following descriptions:
- Provide Online Adult Entertainment intended for consenting adults (“Providers”) (e.g. adult webmasters, performers, studios, store owners, club operators)
- Represent Providers (“Representatives”) (e.g. lawyers, agents, advisors, accountants, affiliates)
- Provide products or services to Providers and Representatives (“Service Providers”) (e.g. adult domainers, manufacturers, delivery companies, caterers,
distribution companies, merchant account services, make up artists, stylists, hosting services)
The Sponsored Community validation process consists of individuals, business, entities, and organizations that fit one of the following descriptions:
- Person/company registers a .xxx name with their registrar of choice — they pay their registrar directly for that.
- ICM sends the person/company an introduction email that includes a validation link — to the Registrant Contact email address provided with their application.
- The person/company clicks on the validation link in the ICM email and is directed to the ICM Membership Application.
- The person/company fills out the ICM Membership Application — free of charge. (Takes about 5 minutes to complete — only have to do this one time per email account, not per domain.)
- As a part of ICM's Membership Application, the person has to provide the following:
- Phone Number
- As a part of ICM's Membership Application, the person has to attest to the following:
- Provide correct birth date information
- Agree to ICM's Registry-Registrant Agreement
- Attest to being a member of the Sponsored Community
- ICM will call the phone number provided during the Membership Application.
- In that phone call, ICM will provide the person with a PIN # (real time) and the applicant will input the PIN# in the designated area in the Membership Application process.
- Once the person completes the Membership Application, ICM provides the registrar a Membership Token thus allowing all of the .xxx domain names associated with that email account to resolve/go live.